Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hello, Friend

Hi friends! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. We went to a small town about an hour away tonight for their annual Schmeckfest (i.e., a German food free-for-all). Yummy!! They sell food too, so I was able to buy 3 large bags of my beloved pfeffernusse cookies (hey, they freeze...gotta think ahead).

Anyhoo, afterward I was able to finish up a card for the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger. Here's a pic of the trigger:

I went round and round about the card and actually made two cards (the first one was so lame that I won't even post it). But, I finally came up with this card:


I like that the card has the same country feel as the trigger. The cute watering can card base is from Waltzingmouse Stamps, the orange sun rays are from Practicing Creativity Design, and the sentiment is from Lawn Fawn. Here's a close-up of the sentiment:


The sentiment is stamped on light blue patterned grid paper from Echo Park, which is actually different than the background...I guess I like that color and pattern! I inked up the edges of the watering can to give it a little more weathered look. Here's a picture of the flowers:


Thanks for looking and thanks for the comments!

Here are the details:
Cardstock: white (PTI)
Patterned Paper: from the Playground collection (Echo Park)
Template: Watering Can (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Stamps: Hello Friend (Lawn Fawn); You're Dandy (PCD)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie (Stampin' Up)
Flowers: Imaginisce
Rhinestones: blue (Kaisercraft); orange (Bo Bunny)

9 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic shaped card. I recognized most of the elements right away and was sweetly surprised at how you made them work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sone your best. The shape of the watering can does it.
    nance

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card! Love the water can shape! You keep cranking out some amazing cards! :-) I am jealous of your German Food Free for all...Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the trigger, Jocelyn! Love it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. How unique to have a teapot shaped card. Love the way the sentiment pops out of the spout !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guten Tag!!! First of all thanks for dropping by my blog.. and the tips for Toy PP for my gem Matin... I totally appreciate... *hugs*

    This card is way too cute... I heart this a TON!!!Fantabulously made....Love the water can shape! You are amazing creative and good with cards!!! Very Inspiring indeed for me... Enjoy the Yummy german foods...Tschüs!...hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jocelyn! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you gave it a whirl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Awesome* shaped card, Jocelyn -- so super-fun!! :o) Love the colours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Jocelyn! I love the watering can-shape and the way you used the sun rays and sponged the edges. Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs