Thursday, April 7, 2011

The sun and the rain and the apple seed...

So my daughter's last day of preschool is in a few weeks (*sniff, sniff*). Wow, where did the year go? Her preschool teacher has been teaching for over 20 years and is the calmest, most graceful person. Seriously, I don't know how she does it! So, as a thank you, I decided to make a card for her.

I combined inspiration from two challenges. Over at Lawnscaping, the challenge is to use stamps to make patterned paper. I was inspired by the colors from the 50th OTWC challenge. Anyhoo, here's the card:

The little apple stamps are from the My Silly Valentine set. Adorable! And not all apples are red, right? I thought other colors of apples would be cute (Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, and Pink Ladies). After stamping the apples, I stitched around the edges. Yeah, I'm not the best sewer (ha ha). I also used a border punch on the green patterned paper. Here's a close up of the sentiment:


The journaling card is from the new Echo Park Playground collection. The little crayon is fussy cut from some We R Memory Keepers paper. The "thanks" stamp is from Lawn Fawn (when you make a purchase).

Thanks so much for looking!

Here's what I used:
Stamps: My Silly Valentine, "thanks" (Lawn Fawn)
Cardstock: New Leaf (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Playground journaling card (Echo Park); green, red polka dot, crayon from Show & Tell (We R Memory Keepers)
Sticker: Sweet Summertime border (Echo Park)
Border Punch: Apron Lace (Fiskars)

13 comments:

  1. This card has me grinning from ear to ear! Perfect way to combine the two challenges, and what great execution of your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOOOO cute! Totally makes me smile! Love the colors and how you paired up with the images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... Jocelyn another cute card... makes me smile... Love the great candy colors... very cheery and happy one... Isnt it bliss when you can combine one card for 2 challenges ... I think it is... Well done my dear friend... hugs..xoxo..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little dotted apple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee hee! How cute is this. This is just instantly made me smile! Love your colored apples and your layout, the pencil, everything. Your teacher is going to LOVE this. I, too, have a son about to graduate from preschool, sniff sniff!! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I burst out laughing at the apple writing thanks! This is super cute, Jocelyn! What do you mean you're not the best sewer? The yellow lines are straight, fabulous and perfect for this lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your paper pieced apple, it is delicious! These are too cute. Thanks for your sweet comments on my project for PC's 350 Cards and Gifts Blog Hop today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, this is so sweet, and I love the different apples :) Your teacher is going to love it, it's so sweet of you to do for. She is going to appreciae it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so so cute!!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo cute, Jocelyn!! :o) Love your apple patterned paper and polka dotted apple! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too stinkin' cute and I know the teacher will love it! They are saints! I love all the elements you added to this cutie! Thanks for joining us at OTWC! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute. Love the multi-colored apples! That is such a cute image. I love it paired with the echo park paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs