Friday, April 15, 2011

They Say It's Your Birthday...

Happy Friday! It's been a quiet craft week for me--I've been in Lexington, KY this week for a busy work week. I got back last night just in time for my hubby's birthday (today). He's a little funny about birthdays and doesn't like any fuss on his big day. Of course, I just ignore his pleas, give him a present, and create at least a minor stir on his big day.

For some reason, though, I hadn't made a card for him before I left for Kentucky. So...I needed to make one this morning while my son napped.  My daughter was playing with my stamps while I was creating (always a little scary when she's around the ink pads), but she helped me decide on the general design. Anyhoo, here's the card:

Pretty simple. All of the stamps are from Practicing Creativity Designs. I did make an oops on the "HAPPY" sentiment and accidentally used dye ink instead of a Versamark pad (there were a lot of inks out). Luckily, my Ranger embossing pen came to the rescue, and I wrote over the stamped sentiment. It's not perfect, but it looks much better having both sentiments clear embossed.

My daughter was so proud of the card when she gave it to him! I love that she likes crafty things (I think that's my form of crafty brainwashing...).

Have a great weekend. Thanks for looking!

Here's the scoop:
Cardstock: blue and kraft (Bazzill)
Stamps: Another Year (PCD)
Ink: Versamark; Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Patterned Paper: Martha Stewart
Brads: Making Memories

4 comments:

  1. You and your daughter did a fabulous job! This is a perfect masculine card in my opinion, the right colors and a simplistic design that lets the stamps do the talking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter and you did an awesome JOB!!!perfect masculine card!!!...TFS my dear...hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the little ones being around the ink pads! I was just checking out this set the other day 'cause Karen Baker (above) uses it so well! These are great colours and I love the layout. The pink paper looks fabulous against the brilliant blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great TEAM WORK! Fabulous layout and colors! Fun PP too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs