Sunday, August 21, 2011

Flying Off Into the Sunset

Hi! It's been a crazy week--I wrote a 118 page report for a state client, got everything ready for my daughter's first day of Kindergarten, hosted out-of-town dinner guests, and battled my son's grody pink eye infection.  I needed to have the word "woman" stamped on my forehead! Needless to say, my blogging and blog commenting was pretty sporadic last week. I'm hoping to catch up in the next few days!

I did manage to make a card for this week's Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger:


Usually I make fairly literal cards for the Tuesday Trigger, but this week I responded to the multiple horizontal lines. Of course, I used similar colors, too. Here's what I came up with:



When I was growing up in the Phoenix area, I remember the pink summer sunsets. So, I went with the idea of riding (or flying) off into the sunset. Or, maybe in this card, flying off to a honeymoon.

First, I stamped flourishes from a Unity store kit and then fussy cut the Hambly Screenprint cityscape scene. Next, I die-cut the little airplane from My Favorite Things and heat embossed it. I think it looks a little like a shark, but in context, it works. Here's a close-up where you can see the flourishes better:



I added the crystals to look like stars. They also work with the wedding theme I was going for.


Wish me luck tomorrow with my daughter's first day of Kindergarten...I think I'm more worried than she is!

Thanks for looking! Have a great week.

Here are the details
Stamps: (flourish from Oct. 2009 Store Kit) Unity; (sentiment from July 2010 KOM) Unity
Ink: (white) Colorbox; (Worn Lipstick) Distress Ink
Embossing Powder: (detail silver) Stampin' Up
Die: (aiplane) My Favorite Things
Cardstock: (Sweet Blush) PTI
Patterned Paper: (Cityscape) Hambly Screenprint
Crystals: Jolee's

31 comments:

  1. Awesome take on the trigger Jocelyn! LOVE how you incorporated the swirls into the sunset and that wonderful skyline!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jocelyn.... how clever is that!!! sticked on the blink... the aeroplane... just gorgeous!!! I love this to bits... I know exactly the feelings.... when Matin 1st day of kindergarten... it'll pass... just a natural feelings for us MOM...always worried!!! looks like a busy period for you...yup yup agree with that STAMPED woman!!!....


    hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so unique and cute! I love the skyline. Sounds like you had a busy week. Hope this week is full of relaxing moments! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your interpretation of the Trigger, Jocelyn! So original and sweet! Best of luck for you and your daughter on the big first day! You'll both do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rock on! This is gorgeous! Especially love the swirls in the sky.

    You have been one busy lady this week! I'm impressed you got a card done at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the unique take on the trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super woman is right!!! I'm tired just reading all that. LOL

    GREAT card, I love that skyline with the pink sunset-you're so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope day 1 of Kindergarten isn't traumatic for either of you -- and good luck with the rest of the busyness!
    In the meantime, I love your take on the trigger! All that fussy-cutting really pops against your pink sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a super crazy week that you had but that you are a super woman for getting through it! Fabulous card, and really unique take on the trigger! I really enjoy reading about how people are inspired to make their cards, reading about your sunset drew me into the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a super awesome card! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow great take on the trigger this week. How cute is that little plane..Love your creativity..
    Happy Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fun! I love your airplane and swirly sky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning, Jocelyn! I love everything about it. The swirls in the sky are a great match for the rug in the photo. What a week you've had! Hope you get to take it easy this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome scene you created Jocelyn! Really unique and fun interpretation of the trigger photo. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, gotta love the pink sky! :) Lovely card!
    Good luck with the Kindergarten to both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much to love about this card! I thought that plane was a brad or metal trinket... but you embossed it! Love the swirls in the pink sunset and the almost-silhouette skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Jocelyn! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing take on the trigger! i love your skyline with the great plane and stars.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Umm, yeah...I am women hear me ROAR is right! good grief lady how do you do it? Thinking of you for sure with both littles!!! Yikes!

    Now onto this fabulous card! Um hello! I totally love your vision on the Trigger! I am for reals drooling! I can't believe my keyboard even works! You always blow me AWAY!!!

    Hang in there Mama! 118 pages really!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  20. fab card. Very cool take of the trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just...wow! Awe-worthy! I love the pretty pink backdrop with the silver airplane. And the skyline - just a wow card! Hope your baby’s 1st day was great!! Scary for moms, I know. I remember trying so hard not to cry when Christian went to Kindergarten last year. Sending them off into the world is scary. Mine started 1st grade this year and yesterday was so far, so good ;).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Boy, do I ever hope you got some time to relax after that week. Ugh. I think pink eye is one of those scourges that exist to remind us that humans are not all too high-and-mighty. Ugh. And first day of kindergarten? Actually, I'm pretty sure your week would have killed me.

    As for your card, well, I didn't think it looked like a shark until you said so :P I love your take on the Trigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jocelyn! This is awesome! I love it!! The airplane totally works. It looks like it's metal.

    Good luck with your daughter starting kindergarten. My son starts kindergarten Thursday. I've been meeting with his teacher and the principal and took him to visit his new classroom. (He is ADHD, so I wanted to try to make him as comfortable as possible. I know what you mean about being a nervous wreck. I'm totally on pins and needles!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous take on the trigger! Love the pink sunset! Good luck with your daughter's first day of kindergarten. It's such a big step!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Um.......WOW!! this is amazing! Love the look of that skyline in white on the black paper. FABULOUS background and the rhinestones were the perfect addition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is WONDERFUL, Jocelyn. I love the cityscape and flourish! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very creative with the stars and the embossed plane.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs