Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Superhero Obsession

For the past few months, I've had quite the obsession with superhero images on cards. Ironically, I've never been a big comic-book lover, but there's something about the graphic images that I can't get enough of.

In the July/August issue of Paper Crafts, I was lucky enough to have two superhero-themed projects in the issue. You can see one of the cards HERE. The other project was included in the online/digital version of the issue (in the Back-to-School section). Here it is:


They are lunchbox notes for kids. I started with some digital papers from Jessica Sprague, resized them, and printed them. Then, I adhered the papers to a colored cardstock backing before die-cutting the notes. I added an element on each one that will give me a small space to write a "good luck on the test!" or "I love you!" note (or I could write more on the back, too).

I added the O-ring so I could clip it onto my daughter's backpack and add a note to it.


You could use the same idea and make gift tags. I put some ribbon on a few to show you:

Superhero Tags



I love that even though they all look different, with the hybrid, they are easily mass-producible. Not that I'm going to be mass-producing these. ;)

Thanks for looking! Have a great day!

18 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love this!! So bright and funky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!

    NEED!!

    GIVE ME!!

    that was my impression of your tags, they are awesome. seriously, you have my address, send them to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the publications, these tags are a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the pubs! These are so awesome! Love the bright colours. Super cute tags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on getting two in the latest PC mag, Jocelyn! This is so much fun with the bold, graphic images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. POW! Jocelyn, these are so vibrant, bright, and fun!! Great idea--so fun for the kids. They remind me of The Electric Company--remember that PBS show?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thrilled to see these - and you know what's funny? Somehow as soon as I saw them, I thought "Those look like Jocelyn....omg, they ARE hers!" I have no idea how, since to me your style is incredibly versatile. Huge congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YIKES! Congrats on these being published Jocelyn! WOW your tags are SUPER! O.K. sorry I couldn't help myself. LOL! Seriously they are very COOL! :) Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just adorable! Great way to leave fun messages~

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fantastic, Jocelyn! I love both the o-ring bundle and the ribbon tags. Those silver holders are pretty awesome, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's quite fitting that you're into super heroes lately because I think YOU are a superhero, designer extraordinaire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the publications....WOW Love these wonderful, fun & happy tags!!!... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on your pubs! Love these bright fun colours and funky designs... KAPOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too have been much enamored with superheroes! I have 3 little boys and I have been trying to convince one of them to have a superhero or comic book birthday party and no one will do it! I want to put giant speech bubbles all over the house and wear a cape and so much more. Don't they understand??? Sooo..I think I might make my bunco group do it! We have themes and dress up so they may have to live out my fantasy bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are SUPER POW WOW!! So fun a such a cute idea for little notes.

    Just got my issue of Stamp It yesterday - you were all over it! Congrats, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I came over to say thank you! And then I was distracted by THIS awesomeness! We have some big super hero fans in our family, and I LOVE the clean, digital look of these tags! The ribbon is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These turned out so cool! I remember seeing those in the magazine. I love the superhero look too with the bold colors and graphics! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HOOOOOOOORAY on your recent publication!!! YOU ROCK!!! LOVE these notes for your children's lunch boxes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs