Friday, September 7, 2012

We Click

Happy Friday! Well, my daughter's back in school, my big work projects are done, and things are finally returning to normal. I figured I would be crafting up a storm, but instead I've been feeling pretty non-crafty the past couple of weeks. *sigh* The other day, I even chose cleaning over crafting. Yep, it's clinical.

So today, I'm sharing one of my cards over at Two Peas:


This card was technically one of the more difficult cards I've made--lots of trial and error. The "click" with the graph paper is an enlarged Captured digital journaling card from Hello Forever. The journaling card was in grey, and after playing around, I changed the card into an overlay with "Hard Light" function and adjusted the hue and saturation.

The cute cameras are from Adrienne Looman's Retro Camera set. For the hearts, I inked some Studio Calico wood veneers with a Distress Ink. Here's a close-up:


I'm entering this card into the Moxie Fab World Movement challenge. I usually think of movement literally, but with the Paper Crafts' Card Design Handbook, I saw fab examples of movement by drawing the eye from one element to the next. In this card, it would be the hearts, camera, "we," and "click."

Thanks for looking. Have a great weekend!

Supplies
Cardstock: (white) Stamp School
Specialty Paper: (Premium Matte Photo Paper) Office Max
Digital Elements: (cameras from Retro Camera) Adrienne Looman; (journaling card from Captured) Hello Forever both available at Two Peas in a Bucket
Stickers: (alphas) My Little Shoebox
Embellishments: (wood veneer hearts) Studio Calico
Ink: (Mustard Seed Distress Ink) Ranger)

23 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a fun card, I love the click in blue at the bottom! Your not the only one struggling to be crafty these days! Hoping to get back at it with the routine of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn this is totally adorable...I love those cameras and the added hearts are perfect...love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't necessarily understand everything you described, but I appreciate you detailing the steps you used to get the bg the way you wanted it. :P Such a fun card, and I like the dimension the inked hearts add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever Jocelyn! Awesome colour mix and the bg... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Love the colours, the white space and, of course, the veneers. Great CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhh I love love love this!! I loveeeee the cameras and those hearts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever this is!!! I love it...something different than the usuall... You are amazing Jocelyn... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you kiddin' me??? You so rock. Love the click in the background and those cameras are super fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the graphic feel to your card, the hearts add such a nice touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable, Jocelyn! those little wooden hearts are just perfect here. I can relate to non-crafty feelings of late. Me, too. We had such an awesome and busy summer (we had a 7800-mile roadtrip to thank for that), and now it's back to school and I'm just not feeling it. Picking up paper or inking a stamp? Just can't be bothered. I hope that changes soon--I have too much invested in crafty supplies!!

    I hope that all is well with you (other than not feeling crafty). Hoping you find some mojo soon!!

    Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat and graphic card! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally understand the lack of crafting....I thought I would be in the studio like I used to be (up to 10 hours a day)....I'm in there maybe an hour and sometimes I don't enter for days!

    Either way--I LOVE this card! LOVE those cameras!! FUN colors! Fab x10:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jocelyn! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally awesome entry for the Movement challenge! I love that huge "click" at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your big win in the Moxie Fab movement challenge! You rock as a designer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your win at MFW, Jocelyn! Love this! Such a fun, graphic card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your win. Super cute and graphic:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card, Jocelyn! Aside from the movement, the colors you used are so fab! I'm having so much fun catching up on your blog : ) And big congrats on your MFW win!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your win Jocelyn! CUTE card, love the pale blue "Click" background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs