Sunday, July 21, 2013

You Light Up My Life

Hi everyone! Okay, after writing that title, now I'm singing some Debby Boone (anyone else humming it, too?).

On that note (yuck, yuck), it's time for a new Paper Smooches SPARKS Picture Perfect challenge. Here's this week's inspirational picture:



I focused on the sun and colors (and now that I look at the image again, the ocean too) for this card:


I  used stamps from three different Paper Smooches sets for this one-layer card (well, one layer plus the yarn). Since my card uses the masking technique, I'm linking up to Savannah's challenge at Do More With Less. I'm also linking up with the Paper Crafts Magazine July Gallery Challenge.

I started by stamping the waves from Wicked Nauticool repeatedly to create a horizon. I masked off the water and stamped the boat from the same set. I created a mask for the boat and stamped the circle from Off the Charts to create the sun--this stamp is going to be my go-to for a sun from now on. I finished the stamping with the sentiment from Smoocheroos.

Here's a close-up:



After I finished the stamping, I went to work on the coloring. I colored the sailboat with Copics. For the water, I used Distress Inks and a couple of spritzes of Pearl spray mist, and I watercolored. I like the mottled look for water, and the Pearl looks cool in the light:



Ready to play along with the SPARKS challenge? You can link up your Paper Smooches projects based on the inspiration picture HERE.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week.


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) PTI
Clear stamps: (sailboat, waves from Wicked Nauticool; sun from Off the Charts; sentiment from Smoocheroos) Paper Smooches
Ink: (Sky Blue, Sunflower Yellow Brilliance Ink; Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko; (Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Stormy Sky Distress Inks) Ranger; (Pearl spray mist) Tattered Angels
Copic markers
Yarn: May Arts

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful stamping. And colouring. Such a happy card!

    Thanks for playing along with my guest Savannah's challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome one layered card, the coloring adds a lot of depth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! LOVING the water and the sailboat!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun, bright card! Great mix of coloring styles, and love how turquoise the stamped water waves are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I love how you made this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect for the challenge! Thank you for your continual inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you light up my life too ;) super cute card...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so cute Jocelyn, love the wool bow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOOOOOOOOVE! I love that you saw the ocean in the pic-- I saw it too! LOVE the ribbon-- love the masking technique!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it all, Jocelyn!! Great take on this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So not really appreciating the song reference :P but I'll put up with it to admire this beautiful card! So perfect. Now to find a few minutes to play...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am LOVING your FUN take on the challenge!! Such a neat ocean LOVE the colors!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, thanks for the earworm...not :D
    I love this - the water especially. Agh, that SONG...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ps........ THANKS for joining in the fun with my challenge;) You nailed it with this card! I LOVE it!!! I encourage masking:) LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs