Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Happy Holidays!

Hi everyone!

It's day two of Release Week at Neat & Tangled! Today, we're sharing projects using the Little Santa Girl stamp set. She's so cute! Danielle is sharing pictures of the stamps on the Neat & Tangled blog, so be sure to check it out.

I used the mini set for a tag:

Happy Holidays Tag

Do you ever have those projects where you start creating but have no plan in mind? Yep, this tag was one of those projects. I started by coloring the Little Santa Girl with Copics, but I felt like she needed an oomph. So, I paper-pieced her hat and tights and used colored pencils to add shading to the patterned paper.

At first, she was going to be standing, and then I was going to have two girls coming from the edges. After playing around, I decided to have one girl peeking into the scene. I had to cut off her legs, which was kind of weird. But, it looked weirder to have the legs hanging off. ;)

I added some Webster's Pages All That Glitters vellum and stitching. Here's a close-up:

Happy Holidays Tag



There's a giveaway! Comment on the Neat & Tangled blog to win the Little Santa Girl set.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

Supplies
Stamps: (girl, sentiment banner from Little Santa Girl) Neat & Tangled
Cardstock: (white) Papertrey Ink
Patterned paper: (Loved vellum from All That Glitters) Webster's Pages
Ink: (Tuxedo Black Memento) Tsukineko
Copics
Embellishments: (blue twine) Hemptique

10 comments:

  1. Super cute! I'll bet it did look weird to have her legs hanging off! Ha ha, that gave me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that vellum and how she goes off the tag. This is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, the CUTENESS!!! CAN'T TAKE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a total cutie Jocelyn, looks like you had a blast creating this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful tag! I love that vellum background, and she looks so cute peking in from the side! The paper-piecing looks just right for her hat and tights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word!! Adorable!! That Santa girl is so cute!! (Even without legs! Ha ha!) And I love the shading on the patterned paper! Awesome!! Such a perfect work of art!! And it's a tag!!! I'm blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this Santa Girl is adorable... love how you positioned her in the tag, and that piece of vellum is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs